Please read guidelines below before making reservations per Safe Reopening Plan.
Mountain View is committed to making sure everyone who plays here (families, schools, couples, singles, etc.) stays safe. The board is busy on zoom calls and planning the reopening of the club. We will be ramping up our health and safety polices. The SD County Officials have strict guidelines that we must comply to. We are set for soft re-opening which will have limited play and limited hours. The new policies are subject to change as information becomes available per city and state guidelines. Our main objective is getting our members exercise and playing tennis. Please be patient with us as we will do our best to take extra pre-cautions to keep everyone safe in these difficult times. We are all in this together.
The courts will be open by reservations only whether online or in person. The new hours are the following:
Mon-Fri: 9am-12:30pm, 3:30-7:30pm (closed 12:30-3:30 unless coordinated with staff prior)
Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm (unless coordinated with staff prior)
The courts will be open for normal singles & doubles play, hitting sessions, private/semi-private lessons, and small group clinics (limited to 4 players).
Here are a few of the precautions and guidelines that MVSRC has implemented in response to Covid19:
• Please do not come to the courts if you have cough, fever or are not feeling well.
• Online bookings are recommended, and participants are encouraged to make payments online. No cash or checks will be accepted during this period as to avoid handling cash.
• Please present your membership card upon check in. This will ensure a timely check-in. Also, capturing accurate information on reservation on record when people are making reservations is a must, in case the authorities need to trace who has been onsite.
• Acrylic/Plexi glass like will be placed at check in areas.
• Staff must agree to temperature checks prior to starting to work each day.
• Hand sanitizers will be placed at entrance and exits as supplies last. As you may know, there are shortages everywhere, so we encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Upon re-opening, the restroom will be sanitized every 2 hours.
• Staff will be required to wear masks and gloves when checking in players. Staff should wash hands and/or gloves often and after touching items.
• Staff and players must wear a mask when 6 ft spacing is impossible. While on premises, everyone must have mask on at all times. We realized that it is quite difficult to play in a mask. As long as you have one around your neck and can easily cover your face, as needed, you will be in compliance. Players must wear mask upon entering and leaving the courts. Players who do not have a mask on will not be allowed on the premises.
• We will replace all balls if someone suspected to have COVID-19 comes in contact with them. Any balls left on the court will be discarded.
• Singles and/or hitting practice permitted as long as social distancing is followed & use of own balls are properly marked (unless wearing a glove).
• Doubles are allowed as long as social distancing is adhered to & each player is using their own tennis balls to serve (unless wearing a glove).
• Only 2 balls per person to a court, maximum 8 balls per court. Players should bring his/her own balls to play with. In the case, where a ball may enter another court, please indicate which balls are yours with a marker of some kind (permanent marker, colored balls, etc.). This will allow only you to handle your balls. We suggest using some creative way like using your racquet to resend balls back to the owner or wearing a glove.
• To ensure we offer you the safest and healthiest environment, all bleachers and Benches will be off limits. They will be taped off and labeled “No entry.” Do not place tennis bags on benches. Bags and personal belongings must be placed away from the court benches.
• Players should come to the facility no more than 10 minutes before the time expected to play. Players should not enter court until previous players are done playing.
• Players are encouraged to switch on opposite sides of the net poles when changing ends.
• Having a parent/guardian present at the facility with juniors under age 18 will be strictly be enforced. Private and semi-private lessons are available with any of our coaches.
• Only one parent/guardian accompany younger children to the facility when possible.
• No visitors or spectators. Non-members will be allowed to play tennis with a fee as long as there are courts available.
• To protect the health and safety of everyone, these guidelines are subject to change at any time, as mandated by the SD Parks and Rec.
Thank you for your patience as this is new for us as well. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Please play by the rules and stay safe.